Easy healthy snacks to make at home are simple and effortless to prepare and to enjoy with the best natural ingredients. For simple snack food ideas and healthy recipes, read further in this article to find the very best healthy snack recipes for your cooking ideas.
If you are seeking healthy recipes for lunch or dinner or healthy dessert recipes, these are best for you. With healthy snack recipes for weight loss and nutritional health, these simple, effective recipes can inspire your snack baking endeavors.
What makes a snack healthy?
If you are looking for healthy snacks to make with kids you can find the best ingredients and the best home cooking suggestions here to begin your culinary journey. There is hardly any limit to what you can create at home as the best and healthiest snacks or dessert recipes for you and your loved ones.
Made from the finest ingredients, healthy snacks to make at home are simple, tasty, and fun to make with added nutritional benefits. Choose food and ingredients which are healthy and sustainable for your snack recipes.
Things to consider when making easy healthy snacks at home:
- Types of ingredients which are healthy
- Cooking or raw prep recipes
- Foods which nourish and support health
- Snacks which are good on the go
10 Easy Healthy Snacks To Make At Home
Cooking healthy snacks is easy and enjoyable at any time of the day. You can make each of these easy healthy snack recipes at home to enjoy throughout the week. Just try these super recipes to get your healthy snacks for baking off to a great start!
1. Baked Carrot Chips
|2 pounds||Fresh Carrots|
|¼ cup||Coconut Oil (or any low-fat cooking oil)|
|1 tablespoon||Sea Salt|
|1 teaspoon||Ground Cumin|
|1 teaspoon||Ground Cinnamon|
- Slice the carrots on an angle to create elongated chips.
- Toss the slices with the oil, sea salt, cumin, and cinnamon.
- Lay them all on baking sheets in a single layer
- Bake until crunchy!
Carrot Chips are a great alternative for lunches or snacks. It’s one of the easiest healthy snacks to make at home and tasty for all. Keep at your desk or anywhere at home to enjoy healthy bites!
2. Healthy Baked Broccoli Tots
|2 cups||Broccoli (or 12 ounces uncooked or frozen)|
|¼ cup||Yellow Onion (diced)|
|⅓ cup||Cheddar Cheese|
|⅓ cup||Panko Breadcrumbs|
|⅓ cup||Italian Breadcrumbs|
|2 tablespoons||Parsley (or cilantro, rosemary)|
- First, blanch the 2 cups of broccoli in boiling water.
- Then dice the broccoli into tiny pieces. You can also use a food processor however be careful not to puree and stop once you reach a “rice” texture.
- Next, combine the broccoli with egg, cheese, diced onion, cilantro, and the bread crumbs.
- Shape the broccoli into bite-sized shapes and place on a baking sheet
- Bake in the oven at gas mark 400 and serve.
Broccoli Tots are a great vegetable recipe for your children and it’s an easy healthy snack to make with your kids.
3. Healthy Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
|2 cups||Old Fashioned Oatmeal|
|¼ cup||Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides|
|1 tablespoon||Coconut Oil|
|1 ½ cups||Almond Milk|
|1 cup||Fresh Blueberries|
1. Preheat the oven to 350
2. Mix in a bowl all of the dry ingredients until combined.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the coconut oil, egg, honey, and milk together until smooth.
4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients.
5. Gently fold in the blueberries with a spatula to prevent them from bursting
6. Pour the batter in a greased or lined pan.
7. Bake for 35-40 minutes until the top is golden brown and milk is completely absorbed.
8. Enjoy warm or cold!
These healthy baked blueberry snacks are a great addition to the kitchen or dining room. Simply store in a suitable dish or lunch box for freshness and enjoy whenever you are hungry for a tasty bite.
4. Healthy No Bake Cookies
|½ cup||Peanut Butter|
|½ cup||Milk (any kind– almond, dairy milk or soy milk or any nut milk)|
|¼ cup||Unsweetened Cocoa Powder|
|2 tablespoons||Coconut Oil|
|¼ teaspoon||Kosher Salt|
|⅓ cup||Banana (Ripe and soft for mashing)|
|1 teaspoon||Pure Vanilla Extract|
|3 cups||Oats (Rolled oats best)|
|½ cup||Chocolate Chips|
- In a medium saucepan, combine the peanut butter, cocoa powder, milk, and a pinch of salt.
- Heat and stir all of the ingredients are well combined and smooth.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add the mashed banana and honey.
- Fold in the oats.
- Scoop out individual cookies onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Press the chocolate pieces onto the top.
- Leave in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to firm up.
Enjoy these densely nutrient no-bake cookies made without sugar and designed to satisfy at work, after school snacks, and as lunchbox treats or any time throughout the day.
5. Crispy Healthy Baked Zucchini Fries
|¼ cup||Chickpea Flour|
|¼ teaspoon||Garlic Powder|
|½ cup||Milk of Choice|
- Preheat the oven to 420F.
- Lightly grease a cooling rack, place on a baking tray ready for the Zucchini slices.
- Slice all the Zucchini on the angle to create chips
- Mix the flour and spices in one bowl, milk in another, and breadcrumbs in a third.
- Dip each zucchini stick in the flour, then the milk, and then the breadcrumbs.
- Bake 18-19 minutes until desired crunchiness
Which are healthier French fries or fried zucchini? Well, fried zucchini is much healthier because it has 35 calories per serving with low carbohydrates.
6. Healthy Baked Pumpkin Waffles
|2 ¼ cups||Gluten-Free Flour (or white whole wheat flour, measured like this)|
|3 ¾ teaspoons||Homemade Pumpkin Spice (see Notes!)|
|2 teaspoons||Baking Soda|
|1 teaspoon||Baking Powder|
|2 teaspoons||Coconut Oil|
|2||Large Egg Whites (room temperature)|
|1 tablespoon||Vanilla Extract|
|2 teaspoons||Pure Maple Syrup (room temperature)|
|½ cup||Pumpkin Puree (Pulp from a pumpkin)|
|¼ cup||Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt|
|¼ cup||White Vinegar|
|½ cup||Nonfat Milk|
|150 milliliters||Water (+2 tbsp)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F, and lightly coat 2 waffle pans with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin spice, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter, egg whites, vanilla, and maple syrup.
4. Add in the pumpkin purée, Greek yogurt, stirring until no large lumps remain.
5. Stir in the vinegar, milk, and 2 tablespoons of water.
6. Alternate between adding the flour mixture and remaining water, beginning and ending with the flour mixture, and stirring just until incorporated.
7. Divide the batter between the prepared waffle pans.
8. Bake at 350°F for 13-16 minutes or until the centres feel firm to the touch.
9. Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
10. Allow the waffles cool completely to room temperature then toast individual waffles in a toaster or enjoy cool.
7. Healthy No Bake Bars
|1 cup||Chickpeas (drained and rinsed)|
|½ cup||Rolled Oats (or quick oats)|
|1||Dried Dates (packed cup/135 g)|
|½ cup||Cashew Nuts|
|1 teaspoon||Vanilla Extract|
|½ cup||Chocolate Chips|
|¼ cup||Non-Dairy Milk of Choice|
- Add the chickpeas, oats, dates, cashews, coconut and vanilla to a food processor and process until it becomes one big smoothish ball.
- Add any optional add-ins like a handful of nuts or hemp seeds.
- Remove from the food processor and press into a lined shallow pan, flattening it down evenly. Alternatively, you can roll the mixture into palm-sized balls.
- Add the chocolate and the milk into a small pan and over a low heat, and melt the chocolate stirring occasionally.
- Pour over the tasty no bake bars and shake gently to level the chocolate.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour then cut into shape.
Enjoy these delicious treats anywhere at any time of day. They are nutritious, easy to prepare and make an excellent and yummy healthy treat.
8. Healthy Baked Meatballs
|1 pound||Hamburger (grass-fed if possible)|
|2||Eggs (beaten with 1/2 cup milk)|
|½ cup||Parmesan (freshly grated)|
|1 cup||Whole Wheat Bread Crumbs|
|1||Small Onion (finely chopped)|
|¼ cup||Basil (or minced fresh flat-leaf parsley)|
|3 cloves||Garlic (minced)|
|to taste||Ground Pepper (freshly)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients and form into ball sized shapes (2-3 in). Bake for 30 minutes.
Enjoy these incredibly healthy bite-sized savory treats as part of a dinner treat or tasty snack. Baked Meatballs are crispy and amazing healthy snacks to make at home with little effort.
9. Healthy Baked Crispy Eggplant
|1||Eggplant (Aubergine) (Thinly sliced into rounds)|
|2||Large Eggs (whisked)|
|1 cup||Plain Bread Crumbs|
|2 teaspoons||Dried Parsley|
|add||Salt and Pepper|
|add||Non-Stick Cooking Spray|
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Peel and slice the eggplant into extra thin rounds.
3. Combine the bread crumbs, parsley, salt and pepper.
4. Dip the eggplant slices individually into the egg mixture and then immediately into the bread crumb mixture covering both sides of the eggplant with bread crumbs.
5. Repeat with all of the eggplant slices.
6. Lay the eggplant slices onto a lined baking sheet.
7. Bake until the eggplant is golden brown on the bottom; about 8 to 10 minutes.
8. Flip the slices half way through.
9. Continue baking until the eggplant is soft and the tops are crispy.
10. Remove from the oven and transfer to a baking rack or serving platter.
11. Serve and enjoy!
These crispy savory treats are an excellent addition to your snacking repertoire. Enjoy as part of a healthy day, stored in a small carrier or lunch box, or in the fridge to eat at home.
10. Healthy No-Bake Energy Balls
|½ cup||Toasted Coconut Flakes|
|½ cup||Ground Flax Seed|
|1 tablespoon||Chia Seeds|
|½ cup||Peanut Butter|
|¼ cup||Cacao Nibs|
|¼ cup||Chocolate Chips|
|1 tablespoon||Vanilla Extract|
- Stir all of the ingredients together in a bowl and thoroughly mix well.
- Cover and allow to chill in the refrigerator for at least half an hour.
- Once chilled, roll into small, palm-sized balls.
- Store in an airtight container or keep refrigerated.
Final Thoughts On Healthy Snacks To Make At Home
Whatever your experience in cooking the best snacks that are healthy, the easiest and best recipes will get you off to a great start! Choose these delicious recipes to start your culinary success in the kitchen creating quality treats, healthy recipes, and the best snack food ideas.
These simple homemade snacks are brilliant baked healthy snacks for weight loss. Whether you enjoy savory treats or sweet snacks, these healthy dessert recipes will boost your taste buds and are a delight for everyone!
Enjoy hot or cold, at home, or on the go for the best healthy snacks to make at home which is easy and delicious!